RE: [cdt-dev] Question about ICSettingEntry.INCLUDE_FILE andICSettingEntry.MACRO_FILE

Title: Question about ICSettingEntry.INCLUDE_FILE and ICSettingEntry.MACRO_FILE
Yes, this should work. The scanner is configured by means of an IScannerInfo object. Please check whether it contains the macro definition or not.
Markus.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007 00:08
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Question about ICSettingEntry.INCLUDE_FILE andICSettingEntry.MACRO_FILE

I want to define some macros in a file and have the CDT parsers use those macros when parsing source code.  I tried a simple test, returning a new CIncludeFileEntry and CMacroFileEntry from my CLanguageData#getEntries implementation.  I construct those with a full path to a simple header file in my project.  The header just contains:

#define FOO 1

In a source file if have something like:

#ifdef FOO
#include <foo.h>
#endif

But when I open that source file in the editor, the ifdef is grayed out, indicating that FOO is not defined.  I stepped through the code enough to know that my end of the code is working correctly (at least it appears to be).  But the BaseScanner code loses me.  Am I missing something?   Should this work?

Thanks,
Warren

Back to the top