Re: [cdt-dev] Adding a new processRunner to the template engine

Hi Derek,

use the full path of the process registration when used within the template. e.g. <plugin_id>.process_name.

>>and here is the template
    <process type="TrialTemplate">

Assume your plugin.xml that defines the extension has plugin_id: com.crt.utils.templates
then you should change above in template.xml to:

<process type="com.crt.utils.templates.TrialTemplate">

Note that this is the plugin_id that the process is registered. In plugin.xml that defines the extension, we should provide the full path of actual processRunner class. i.e. <pacakage_name>.<processRunner_class>

The package_name and plugin_id might not be same in all cases.

Let me know if you still see problems.

Regards,
-Bala

subs <derekowenmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

28/09/2007 02:03

Please respond to
dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Adding a new processRunner to the template engine

Hi,

I am trying to extend the template engine by writing a plugin that contains my
own processRunner that I can use in my templates to do some specialized processing.

To experiment, I have just copied the AddFile processrunner out of the template
engine and renamed it TrialTemplate.

When I try to use it in my template, (at runtime) I get the following error
appearing in an ErrorDialog:
Unknown process: TrialTemplate
Unknown process: TrialTemplate
  No Condition--> Process 1
(org.eclipse.cdt.core.CreateSourceFolder)-->Success: Executed successfully with
args: [projectName:xtrial, path:src]

Here is my plugin.xml that defines the extension

     <extension
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.templateProcessTypes">
      <processType
            name="TrialTemplate"
            processRunner="com.crt.utils.templates.TrialTemplate">
         <simple name="projectName"/>
         <complexArray name="files">
            <baseType>
               <simple name="source"/>
               <simple name="target"/>
               <simple name="replaceable"/>
            </baseType>
         </complexArray>
      </processType>
      </extension>

and here is the template
    <process type="TrialTemplate">
        <simple name="projectName" value="$(projectName)" />
        <complex-array name="files">
            <element>
                <simple name="source" value="src/startup.c" />
                <simple name="target" value="$(sourceDir)/startup.c" />
                <simple name="replaceable" value="true" />
            </element>
            <element>
                <simple name="source" value="src/Main.c" />
                <simple name="target" value="$(sourceDir)/$(Module).c" />
                <simple name="replaceable" value="true" />
            </element>
        </complex-array>
    </process>

Any clues as to what I am missing?