[cdt-dev] A few questions about running the CDT tests

Hello,

In the last couple of days, I have made an attempt to integrate the CDT tests into the Eclipse Automated test suite, because there didn't appear to be such a thing available for the CDT itself. I was successful in getting the org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests and org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests to work in this environment, however I am currently unable to get the managedbuilder tests to run (see below).

I have a few questions I hope someone who has run the CDT tests before can answer:

1) Looking over recent Junit test results for 4.0.0 and 4.0.1, I see that one test suite - org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.tests.suite - was dropped from from the results when going from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1. Was this intentional? Will it return at some point?

2) I notice that both org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui.tests and org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.tests both do not have a test.xml file. Is this an oversight, or is there something I don't understand about how Junit works? (As a side note, both org.eclipse.cdt.ui.tests and org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests have a test.xml file which appears to work fine). Ideally, I'd like to be able to fire off the managedbuilder test suites the same way as the other suites which do contain a test.xml file.

3) From the looks of the nightly builds page for the CDT, it appears that the testing is indeed automated somehow. Would it be possible to gain access to the test harness that is used to generate the Junit test results? Is it a script that can be run from the command line?

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

--
Corey Ashford