[cdt-dev] Internal builder question

Hi,

A couple of questions on the internal builder.

1. I use the MBS to define my own toolchain. I define a (makefile) builder using
         <builder
            id="builder.exe.debug"
            superClass="cdt.managedbuild.target.gnu.builder"
          ></builder>
Which allows the user to select the External or the Internal builder in the project properties (with the external builder being the default)

However, if I use the internal builder thus
         <builder
            id="builder.exe.debug"
            superClass="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.internal.builder"
          ></builder>
Then the user cannot change to use the External builder.

Is there a way to set this up so that the default builder is the internal builder, but the user can still select the external builder if needs be?

2. I have defined a postBuild step. This executes 3 commands, using various macro's such as ${BuildArtifactFileName} and ${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}. This works fine with the External builder. However, these macro's don't seem to be being processed by the Internal builder. Is this a problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Derek

Back to the top