Re: [cdt-dev] Editor slow: frequent editor delays of sometimes up to2-3 sec.

BTW, this is what Toni is talking about too when he speaks of the
Reconciler.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Chris
             Recoskie/Toronto/
             IBM@IBMCA                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             18/09/2007 04:30          Re: [cdt-dev] Editor slow: frequent
             PM                        editor delays of sometimes      up
                                       to2-3 sec.

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

If your file is really huge, then just calculating the ICElement delta will
take a lot of processing power.  There's no way to turn that off right now,
even if you turn off all the UI that uses it.

One of the topics I'm planning to talk about at the summit is the
"Scalability Mode" we're planning to do for Ganymede, that would allow you
turn things like this off.  More details at the summit.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Christopher Lang
             <christopher.lang
             @acurana.de>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             18/09/2007 04:36          Re: [cdt-dev] Editor slow: frequent
             PM                        editor delays of sometimes up
                                       to2-3 sec.

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Even if I disable *everything* in the CDT Editor preferences I have these
frequent 2-3 sec. delays. Very strange. At least then I should get smooth
editing on a Linux 64 Bit 2,2 Ghz Machine. Happens sinde Eclipse 3.3 and
CDT
4.0.

Chris