[cdt-dev] Editor slow: frequent editor delays of sometimes up to 2-3 sec.

Folks,

some weeks ago I upgraded to Eclipse 3.3 and to CDT 4.0.0.200706261300.

Since then the Editor delays quite frequently sometimes up to 2-3 sec. when
moving and typing around in C++ text, on an AMD X2 4200+ Machine (2.2GHz).

I tried to disable most of the Indexer and Content Assist switches in the
preferences without much improvement.

Which componet in the Editor needs so much processing power to cause these
delays and is there a way to switch of that particular feature?

Sometimes it looks as if the Outline view causes the problem, because it
becomes updated before the cursor becomes "free" again. But that would mean
that it has to do with the indexer, right? It also happens if I switch off
the indexer. I'd rather deliver a better bug report, but this one is hard to
get a grip on...

Many thanks
Chris

chris@linux64:~> java -version
java version "1.5.0_12"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_12-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_12-b04, mixed mode)

--

http://www.acurana.de/

Back to the top