[cdt-dev] Integrate code checking library in to CDT editor

I have a static code checker library  which i want to integrate in to  the CDT environment in the eclipse IDE .
    I want the library to be integrated in a way , as the user keeps typing his code in the cdt c++ editor
    the library processes the scurce and displays the violations in the editor like how CDT shows compiler
    errors as the user edits the source code in the C++ editor.

    I was not able to get much info on the net and it would be great if u can throw some light on the issues below

    1) How do i proceed to integrate the library in to IDE , i mean which extension points should i use ?
       Should i invoke my library for every keystroke in the editor ..etc
    2) How does the IDE show compiler mistakes as and when the user edits the code in the IDE and
       can i use the same mechanism as the compiler integration to the IDE to acheive the same?
    3) Also can you please point to some articles or anything which can be helpful.

    Thanks in advance for your kind help

Regards,
Chaitanya

Important notice:This e-mail and any attachment thereto contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system. Thank You.

Back to the top