Re: [cdt-dev] MBS Slash issues

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 12:20:32PM -0400, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Hey gang,
>

> I've recently run across a problem with gdb and dwarf in MinGW's lastest
> compiler and debugger distribution. If we build using the toOSString to
> generate the file names, gdb gets confused by the '\' file separator. If I
> use '/' it's fine.
>

> Now this is obviously a bug with gdb dealing with Windows path names, but to
> make life easier for the gnu tools, we could change the separator to '/' in
> the command generator for all platforms.

There are other versions of the GNU tools where you need to use the
backslash if you want things to work.  It depends primarily on your
compiler configuration, not on your debugger.

If you want to communicate with a debugger that has some notion of
path names, I think the only realistic thing to do is to ask it for
the path names of every file; work out from there which files in
the workspace they correspond to; and always use the pathnames the
debugger gave you when you talk to the debugger.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top