[cdt-dev] Getting Eclipse to index source code outside project dir

Hi,

I'm a new Eclipse user and so far very impressed with it's capabilities.  I
have been using 4.0 CDT for about 3 weeks now.

One current limitation I've run into is an inability to configure Eclipse
to work with out-of-source builds.  I can setup Eclipse to build my project
outside of my build tree (using our CMake generated Makefiles) but then it
doesn't index the source code because it's not in the project directory.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get Eclipse to index and present
source code outside of the project directory within a project?

I tried using symbolic links which kinda works except the index doesn't
update on file saves and it picks up duplicate files per symbol.

___
Sent with SnapperMail
www.snappermail.com

Back to the top