RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

Or at least so the theory goes. We are currently fighting a bug that makes it hard to shake the default GCC scanner discovery profile. I’m in the middle of trying to figure out the flow end-to-end to help Mikhail address this.

The latest is trying to get my build output parser to run on a Makefile project with my toolchain as the only selected tool chain. No luck, the GCC one runs all the time.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sennikovsky, Mikhail
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:18 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response – was busy with some local stuff here.

The “default” built-in include paths are calculated using the “org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile” extension point.

A typical Scanner discovery profile usage is the following:

1.   A tool-chain specific scanner discovery profile is defined by contributing to the “org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile” extension point.

2.   The profile ID is associated with the tool-chain by specifying the profile id via the inputType#scannerConfigDiscoveryProfileId or the toolChain#scannerConfigDiscoveryProfileId attributes.

(see the build gnu tool-chain build fefinitions in the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui plug-in for the reference implementation)

When the project is being created/loadded the profile associated with the project/configuration tool-chain is queryied for the default includes/symbols information.

So you will need to perform the two above steps in order to provide the includes/symbols info specific for your tool-chain

If you do not want the builtin includes/symbols information to be calculated at all you could simly associate no profile with your tool-chain (i.e. ommit both of the above steps)

Regards,

Mikhail