RE: [cdt-dev] Timing issues with build info?

What I've done is simply created a complete new profile kinda like this:

<extension
   id="clScannerInfo"
   name="Windows SDK Scanner Info Provider"
   point="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile">
      <scannerInfoCollector
         class="net.sf.cdt_windows.msvc.build.WindowsScannerInfoCollector"
         scope="project">
      </scannerInfoCollector>
</extension>

I then hooked it up to the inputType of my compiler.

The info collector implements IScannerInfoCollector3 and, right now, all it
does is return a IDiscoveredPathInfo that computes the include paths and
returns them in the getIncludePaths() method.

It works most of the time but started seeing these timing issues when I ran
the plugin in a runtime workbench (seems to work fine when exported and run
normally). But I'm seeing the Default GCC collector instantiated every now
and then in my project's context. I don't know if we have the default
hardcoded to it somewhere, or whether we're picking one at random once in a
while.

BTW, with all this I may have no hair left soon either ;)

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems