Re: [cdt-dev] Timing issues with build info?

Personally if I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out right now.  I've
been trying to decipher the scanner info stuff so I can do a provider for
xlc, but it always seems to want to invoke an external scanner info
generator, when like your QNX stuff, I don't have one.  Since I don't have
one, this causes NPEs in the MBS code :-(

If anyone has suggestions as to how to get around this I would be very
appreciative.

I suspect once I get past that point, I will start running into the problem
you mention...

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             24/07/2007 01:33          [cdt-dev] Timing issues with build
             PM                        info?

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hey gang,

I?ve been mucking around with my Windows SDK and my QNX toolchain
integrations and scanner discovery and am seeing some weird behavior. I am
implementing my own scanner info collector since I can compute paths
without having to run gcc like the default one does.

The symptom is that my IScannerInfoCollector2 createPathInfoObject method
doesn?t get called at times and the DefaultGCC one does. And it appears to
be timing dependent since I put break points at different places and
sometimes it does get called correctly.

I doubt there are many people doing this, but has anyone else seen this.
Are we still experiencing timing issues with the .cproject file
reading/writing?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems