RE: [cdt-dev] How to define custom Project type folders?

Hi,

   You can extend org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildProperties extension point and add your own type (buildArtefactType) as shown below

<extension

         point="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildProperties">

      <propertyValue

            id="<new id>"

            name="<new name>"

            property="org.eclipse.cdt.build.core.buildArtefactType">

      </propertyValue>

    </extension>

Substitute <new id> and <new name> with your values. And in order for these to be visible in the new project wizard, you need to add a project type by extending the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions extension point. When you add project type, specify buildArtefactType as the id you given above.

If you need to show some templates under the project type folder in New Project Wizard then you can extent org.eclipse.cdt.core.templates extension point and add a new template. Specify projectType as the id given for your new artifact type (<new id>) so that that template name appears under the newly added project type folder.

See “What's New in CDT Build System 4.0” in CDT Plugin Development Guide for details on how to add new project types and new build artifacts.

Regards,

Jiju