Re: [cdt-dev] Using the CDT Parser as a stand-alone module

Hi Jason,

Jason Montojo wrote:
Hi Rick,

The CDT parser is part of the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin.  The easiest way
to get at it would be to add these JARs to your classpath:

- org.eclipse.cdt.core_4.0.0.___.jar
- org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.3.0.___.jar

The parser is decoupled enough that you can use it without Eclipse running.
Is it decoupled enough to bust out the source code separately so I can compile it with gjc into a jar? That is, are there any internal Eclipse dependencies that the parser needs to build? Frysk is being written mainly in Java with a few necessary C/C++ files(CNI for various bindings and what-not) and is statically compiled/linked using gcj/gcc. I was hoping we could import the source code into Frysk like we did for CDT parser version 2.0 as it was totally standalone requiring no other Eclipse pieces to build. Do you know if it is decoupled enough for that?
There isn't much documentation on it so I've included an example of how to
use the GNU C++ parser at the bottom of this message.  To use the GNU C
parser, substitute GCCLanguage for GPPLanguage.
Thanks for the information Jason, it has been extremely helpful and thanks for including the example code. Very useful.

Rick Moseley
rmoseley@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top