RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

Hi Mike,

At the moment the process is not expanding macros that come from outside template macros. The macros list doesn't include environment variables. Anything that defines with "$()", It will compare with already available list of macros and throw an error if it can't find them. I can think of two possible solutions to your problem:
1. Create your own process similar to the AppendToMBSStringListValues that will look for macros in the environment as well. Look into 'SimpleMakeFileGenerator' for more details on how DougS solved the makefile macros and tempalte macros conflict issue.
2. Raise a defect to add environment variables to the template engine macros list by default. Then we can discuss about what are all should be added to the macros list under the same defect..

Regards,
-Bala

"Mike Wrighton" <mikew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/07/2007 17:08

Please respond to

cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

This is great except it can’t seem to expand macros, and really I’d like to get the extra paths from an environment variable rather than hard-code them which is a bit nasty. The code I tried was:

    <process type="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.AppendToMBSStringListOptionValues">
        <simple name="projectName" value= "$(projectName)"/>
        <complex-array name="resourcePaths">
            <element>
                <simple name="id" value="gnu.c.compiler.option.include.paths" />
                <simple-array name="values">
                    <element value="$(env_var:CSINC)" />
                </simple-array>
                <simple name="path" value="" />
            </element>
        </complex-array>
    </process>

This throws up an error when I try to create a new project about an unexpandable macro?

Mike

RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

You can use '
AppendToMBSStringListOptionValues' process to append include paths. This template engine process can be used to append to different MBS list values such as a String List, Include Paths, Preprocessor Symbols, Libraries, Objects.

Regards,
-Bala

"Mike Wrighton" <mikew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/07/2007 16:01

Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] Change in default include paths

This is something I’m after as well. I checked the ISV docs for templates but all I can find are template processes to create new include folders, and processes to link files to the project – I cant find anything which actually appends the default include path?

Cheers,

Mike