Re: [cdt-dev] Speaking of Linux Desktop

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 09:14 +0200, Erik Nilsson wrote:
> While browsing the subject I came across this link that you might find
> interesting
>
> http://live.gnome.org/EclipseIdeas

:)  I was there when that was started back at GUADEC in Stuttgart in May
2005.  We had just gotten Eclipse (and the CDT) into Fedora and had some
momentum and interest from GNOME developers.  Unfortunately, we haven't
been able to create something that has been compelling enough for most
GNOME developers (at least not that I've seen).  Or we haven't marketed
our work enough.  Or everyone loves vi/emacs too much :) .

We're always working to increase our userbase, but it's a difficult task
and difficult to measure.  I think we're slowly increasing both our
appeal and our userbase.  Also, more and more people are becoming aware
of stuff that's available.

Andrew "optimistic" Overholt