Re: [cdt-dev] Speaking of Linux Desktop

We have very little in terms of developer docs, the codebase is huge,
complex and its largely uncommented. This means, and I can verify from my
own experience, that ramp-up time for developers new to CDT is very long.
If we want to attract contributors that would be interested on working on
CDT just for fun or hobby, then CDT needs to be more accessible, we need
vastly better developer documentation. Just my opinion.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM CDT Team, Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/12/2007 04:13          [cdt-dev] Speaking of Linux Desktop
             PM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Got this in my Google Alerts today.

   http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?p=483772#post483772

This is the kind of thing that makes me concerned about the state of CDT on
Linux Desktop. Why are we not as good as kdevelop and anjuta as the one guy
claimed? And even if we know that, who?s going to contribute to make it
better?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems