[cdt-dev] Need help in the maze of buildDefinitions extension point

I'm trying to define a project type that is a slight variation of Makefile project with "Other Toolchain". I need to change default builder settings and discovery options.  Unfortunately, org.eclipse.cdt.build.makefile.projectType cannot be subclassed since it is not defined anywhere in plugin.xml. I also tried to subclass cdt.managedbuild.toolchain.gnu.base toolchain, but I was not able to hide the tools inherited from it. unusedChildren attribute of toolChain seems to have no effect. When I define a tool by subclassing cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.compiler, I'm getting GCC C++ Compiler listed twice in various places in the project properties UI. Is there a way to hide tools inherited from the superslass toolchain? Am I on a grossly wrong path and should be doing something completely different?

Any hints will be highly appreciated.

-sergey

Back to the top