From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sheldon Dsouza
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 2:08 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Fwd: [cdt-dev] cdt debug UI plugin fails to activate

Hi Anton,

         Can i apply the patch which is attached to the bug to solve the problem.

Regards,
Sheldon

On 7/3/07, Leherbauer, Anton < Anton.Leherbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sheldon,

the main problem seems to be the following exception in the org.eclipse.debug.ui plug-in:

[...]
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3563)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3481)
 at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3452)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.error(Display.java:1109)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.checkDevice(Display.java:703)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getSystemColor(Display.java:1950)
 at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPreferenceInitializer.initializeDefaultPreferences(DebugUIPreferenceInitializer.java:79)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.runInitializer(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:276)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:130)
 at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferencesService.java:337)
[...]

Seems like org.eclipse.debug.ui cannot be activated on a background thread.
There is already a bug for that:

Toni