[cdt-dev] Announcing - "CDT for Windows"

Over a couple of days this last week while I was waiting for Europa to close, I finally took the time to put together the CDT/MinGW distribution I keep talking about. This is a distribution of Eclipse 3.3, CDT 4.0, the MinGW toolchain and a few libraries along with a Java Runtime wrapped up in a nice Windows installer. This should make it easier for people to get started with the CDT on their Windows machines.

It’s out at SourceForge. The inability to distribute GPL packages from Eclipse.org has forced me to do that, and the main reason I haven’t really focused on the C/C++ package (it’s not an IDE. It has no compiler…). I have more information in my blog entry at

    http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com/2007/06/introducing-cdt-for-windows.html.

This will hopefully cut down on those “Exec error” bugs that were caused by a poorly installed toolchain. And it’s actually kind of fun to play with. It’s still in Beta at version 0.9.1. feel free to pass any ideas on how to improve it to the SourceForge site:

    http://cdt-windows.sourceforge.net.

Cheers,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems