[cdt-dev] CDT 4 Countdown

5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. We’re done!

We’re now past the window to get a build into Europa and it doesn’t appear that we need one. Again thanks to all for making this happen.

The Europa launch starts Friday at 9 a.m. EDT, so goes the plan. I’m sure we’ll have a few pains in the early days as people start using the CDT 4 in ways we didn’t think of. And I notice we have a few bug fixes ready to go as well.

I don’t think we came to a consensus yet on when to branch the maintenance stream. So, until we get a request to commit code for Ganymede (4.1 or 5.0 depending on what we’re going to do), we will continue to use HEAD for 4.0.x. Feel free to monitor changes in the CVS logs available off of the build page as well and raise any red flags if you see too much going into it.

So I think we can open the door again to commits on HEAD. If we do need another emergency respin. We’ll create a branch for it specifically off of the final build tag.

Thanks to all, and congratulations!

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems