RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 4.0 Release Review

Hmm...

Features don't have about files... there is a license.txt instead, which is
much lengthier than the about file that a typical plugin gets.  It spells
out that the plugins contained in the feature may be under other licenses
and that you should refer to the about file for each plugin.  The LPG
plugin for Orbit already specifies that it's third party software and all
the license info for it.

So, it would seem to me that there's nothing to do here?

As far as I can tell the only way you have to update your about.html is if
you directly take a JAR from Orbit and wrap it in your own plugin.  If it's
in its own plugin created by Orbit then there's nothing to be done.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             30/05/2007 10:18          RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 4.0 Release
             AM                        Review

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Not sure. The problem arose since there are a lot of projects reusing Orbit
components that haven't updated the about.html files. There is a template
for about files on the Eclipse legal site.

    http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/about.php

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

cc

Subject