From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2007 17:31
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Bug Target Milestone -- versus Future

Hey gang,

I see a bunch of us are going through the now < 1100 bugs (woo hoo!) and triaging them. Some of mine are marked Future and some are ‘—‘. It’s probably time to discuss again what we want these states to mean.

Here’s a straw man idea:

‘—‘ means that we haven’t decided, or have decided it should be fixed but don’t have the time.

‘Future’ means that we really don’t think it needs to be fixed, but if someone wanted to in the Future, they could.

My problem with that is that ‘Future’ then probably means enhancement. So may be we only use that milestone for enhancements, I’m not sure…

For ‘—‘, if it is still assigned to an inbox, then you can assume no-one has decided. But if it is assigned to someone, then that person thinks it should be fixed but isn’t sure when they’ll get around to fixing it.

Anyone have thoughts on that?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems