[cdt-dev] IConfiguration.getToolFromInputExtension - behavior differs in 4.0

I'm converting my wizard page (MBSCustomPage)  to CDT 4.0 and also trying
to make it more generic.
In the Runnable that gets called after wizard pages are complete, I'm
seeing different behavior in CDT 4.0

Why in 3.1.2 did I do
IConfiguration cf = ...;
ITool cfTool = cf.getToolFromInputExtension("o");
and it gave me the GCC C Linker,
but in 4.0 it gives me the GCC Archiver ?  I need the linker.

Looks like FolderInfo.getToolFromInputExtension() returns the first
tool that matches.  Is there more than one now?

How should I get the linker? I want to add to its settings.
I want to add to -l (libraries)  the libname.
That seems to be the option of type IOption.LIBRARIES.

And I want to add to -L (library search path) the libPath..
May I presume that's the option of type IOption.LIBRARY_PATHS?
(not IOption.LIBRARY_FILES, right?)

I seem to be able to get the option of type IOption.INCLUDE_PATHto add to
the include paths just fine.
ITool cfTool = cf.getToolFromInputExtension("c")  gives me the GCC C
Compiler as expected to do that.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top