[cdt-dev] Indexer and ctags

A quick question – will the twain ever meet?

If not, can someone direct me to where this info is stored for CDT?  I have looked around in the file structures, but cannot find it.  I have a problem in that I have a large amount of C and C++ source code on an HP/UX box (on which I cannot get the proper version of Java installed to run Eclipse – apparently I have to sacrifice my first-born child, and he is a few states away) stretched out across quite a few directory hierarchies in such a manner that importing the entire code set is impractical (if even possible).  So I cannot use the Indexer properly from the CDT.  However, I have access to ctags files which I can modify to provide me with the necessary file structures as they exist on my local WinTel box.

In short:  I would like to find a way to use the ctags files (or convert them for use) in Eclipse via the CDT.

Thank you in advance for all the great help ;-)

By the way, EXCELLENT PRODUCT!  I like the flexibility!  (The dox are terrible, but, then again, so are mine ;-))

Cheers,

Scott Bell

I/S Development

Phone: 318-330-6245

Cell: 318-503-4899

Scott.Bell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.

Thomas Jefferson

“Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity” (The simplest solution is the most likely—Occam’s Razor)

William of Ockham

Back to the top