From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mike Kucera
Sent: 23 April 2007 15:35
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Adding c extensions - AbstractCLanguage etc

If all you want is for certain identifiers to be syntax highlighted,
then I
believe you have to override AbstractCLanguage.getKeywords() and extend
the
'org.eclipse.cdt.core.language' extension point.

Then there is the issue with language mappings. If you have your
ILanguage
and GCCLanguage both mapped to the same content type then it appears
that
gcc will take precedence. You can manually associate your language with
the
c content type by using the Language Mappings section of the project
properties page. I'm not an expert on this, maybe someone else can
elaborate more on how language mappings work.

Now, if what you want is to extend C with new language constructs and
AST
nodes, then that's a different story. The IBM CDT team is currently
working
on a new C parser (C99 actually) that is highly extensible. It allows
the
addition of new grammar rules and actions that build the AST.

Mike Kucera
IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto Lab
905-413-3657
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Michael

             Wrighton"

             <mikew@clearspeed
             .com>                     "CDT General developers list."

             Sent by:                  <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

             cdt-dev-bounces@e
cc
             clipse.org

Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Adding c extensions -

             04/23/2007 08:52          AbstractCLanguage etc

             AM

             Please respond to

               "CDT General

             developers list."

             <cdt-dev@eclipse.

                   org>

Hi,

I?m trying to add a few new keywords for our C-based language but I?d
like
to re-use the CEditor. This looks like a simple case of extending
AbstractCLanguage and using custom parser and scanner configurations,
then
associating this new language with the csource content type. This
doesn?t
appear to work as the new keywords are not being highlighted, and I
noticed
that CEditor uses CTextTools which uses a hard reference to GCCLanguage?
Will I have to create a new editor if I wish to add new keywords?

Thanks for any help,
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx