[cdt-dev] Memory usage/consumption in M6?

My Linux x86 build machine has 2Gb RAM and typically before I start Eclipse for the first time, there is about 1.5Gb free. After I start it (and possible start it several times) I end up with 400 - 600 Mb free. During the make it goes down to as lowest as 14M and everything is very slow. Usually make takes 100% of memory usage and typically with indexer running I am seeing 100-130% and as high as 200%. Is this a normal behavior of the Eclipse memory consumption?

Thanks

Fedja

Back to the top