From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schaber, Gerhard
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 7:35 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] (no subject)

Hi!

I would like to use the org.eclipse.cdt.ui.newui.Page_PathAndSymb property page without any CDT make or managed builder nature.

However, CDT crashes in method compare at line 27 in org.eclipse.cdt.ui.newui.CDTListComparator.java. The reason is that getName() returns a null string for any ICLanguageSetting instances where their member fData is an instance of one of the following classes:

org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.settings.model.CTargetPlatformSettingCache
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.settings.model.CBuildSettingCache
org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.settings.model.CLanguageSettingCache

It must have to do something with the default configuration. language, build, and target platform settings are not initialized as expected.

Does anyone have an idea for a workaround, or where in CDT this must be fixed?

Thanks.

Best regards,

   Gerhard

Back to the top