[cdt-dev] New Project Model

Hey gang,

I’m impressed with how much work the Intel guys have put into the new project model. There is still some work to do to clear up bugs but it is a good start.

One thing that finally hit me, and I should have figured this out before, but Standard Make now converts into a Managed Make project. The standard make functionality is maintained (or at least will be once all the bugs are worked out).

Vendors will run into issues if they have built their custom builders on top of Standard Make and reused the IMakeBuildInfo and UI components from standard make. I highly encourage all vendors to try out the latest CDT bits in HEAD and make sure their customer builders still compile and work. (e.g., ours at QNX do not build anymore as you can probably tell from our questions).

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

Back to the top