[cdt-dev] CDT 4.0 Freeze Date

Committers and contributors,

I would like to clarify and solidify our feature freeze date for the 4.0
release to make my life easier while I'm wearing my project management hat.

On the last monthly project call we figured that the freeze would be
between M6 and M7, or "around the end of April".  Theoretically after this
date we would be restricted to bugfixing and there would be no more feature
work or API changes happening.  M7 (Friday, May 11) is the actual release
which would have the frozen content, so in practice as developers our
actual freeze would be shortly prior to this to allow for the build
logistics to happen as well as to allow for a bit of ramp down.

So the way I see it, the logical dates for our own internal freeze would
either be Monday, April 30th, or  Monday, May 7th.  Given the churn going
on right now I'd be inclined to shoot for the later date because last
minute issues are bound to come up.

Comments?  Opinions?

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team