From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ray Hurst
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:55 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Need to know how to debug the indexer

It seems that there was a discussion a while back on how to debug the
indxer and adding some code to support a logging function. Did anything
happen?

I have a project with 400+ files and the indexer always hangs on a
particular file. I typed on the command line "gcc - E -P -v -dD
include-dirs file.c" and an output is generated with no errors. How do I
determine what the indexer is doing?
Ray

How do I go about debugging this?
   My System
   Windows XP
   Eclispe SDK 3.3M4
   CDT SDK 4.0.0M4

What I have tried:
   Created a .options file containing the following:
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/pdomtimings=true
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/indexer=true
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/parser=true
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/deltaprocessor=true
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/scanner=true
     org.eclipse.cdt.core/debug/model=true

I executed the following command
   eclipse -debug .options

The results:
An extra DOS console window opened up and printed several diagnostic
messages up to the point of loading the project. Nothing else printed
afterwards. Nothing printed during the Rebuild Index operation.

Do I need to add the entire CDT as a project and run it in debug mode?
Ray