[cdt-dev] Minutes from Feb Conf Call

Here’s something I’m going to get a habit of doing, sending the minutes by e-mail right after the call. (Did I ever tell you I hate editing wiki’s :) Please correct me if I got anything wrong and comment on anything written here.

Attendees: Mikhail K, Norbert, HP, Chris R, Craig R, Leo, Doug S, Bryan W, Fred P, Dave I, Bill H, Ken R, Markus S, Mikhail S, Mikhail V

-          CDT 3.1.2

o        Build schedule ready: Bits need to be posted to Callisto staging area on Monday, Feb 12. After some testing they’ll be made available on the Callisto release are on Wed, Feb 14 and after the mirrors have updated, announced on Fri, Feb 16

o        The cdt_3_1 stream will remain active. Anyone wanting an official tagged build after 3.1.2, can send a request to cdt-dev and one will be made. This is available to any and all.

-          CDT 4.0

o        M5 bits need to be ready by Friday Feb 16. Candidate build will be done Tuesday night Feb 13. Rebuilds will be done as necessary.

o        The Project Model work will be held off until after M5. An updated patch will be posted next week. If no vetoes, it can be committed as soon as M5 has been declared.

o        Currently there is an M7 scheduled for Europa mid-May. Given the volume of changes to the CDT for 4.0, we should declare a Feature Freeze and start the ramp down in April some time and not wait until M7. We will decide at the project meeting at EclipseCon when to do that exactly and decide based on the feeling of quality at that time.

-          Builds

o        We will move both 3.1 and 4.0 builds to twice a week, Monday and Thursday early mornings.

-          HP Remote Development contribution

o        I have put this is on hold. The feedback we’ve gotten so far is that this appears to solve the same problems RSE solves. Given that the CDT has never focused on this area of development before, I’d like to make sure the CDT community is interested in this before we take it. We also need to justify why this solution solves the problem better than RSE can.

o        I leave it in HP and the CDT community to work this out. Without a community around this feature, I don’t think we can afford to take this on.

o        To be honest, I think there needs to be a remote development project that looks at all aspects of this. This would be similar in problem scope as the parallel tools project. If HP is interested in starting this, maybe working with IBM and the RSE gang, that would be great.

-          Ada

o        We are in a similar position with a proposal on Ada tooling. If there is interest from the community surrounding Ada, we can look at it. But again, the feeling I get from the PMC is that this should really be a separate project, just like Photran (and I won’t go there…)

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

Back to the top