From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:31 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] question on MBS tool tip support

Hi Bill,

There are no plans that I'm aware of unless Mikhail is planning
something
as a part of the big update to the project model.

I don't recall any historical plans to put tips directly in the page
other
than the hovers.  Perhaps Sean Evoy planned something like that at some
point, I'm not sure.  At any rate, displaying the tips in a fixed place
instead of a hover sounds like it would be more usable.  Hovers are not
good for large amounts of text.  Were you planning a contribution?

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

  From:   "Hilliard, Bill" <bill.hilliard@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:     <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:   23/01/2007 10:17 AM

  Subject [cdt-dev] question on MBS tool tip support

  :

I'm looking at implementing tool tips for our compiler's managed build
integration.  I've looked at the 'tip' attribute for options and see
that
it can be used to create a hover tip.  But, looking at the comments in
the
CDT code, it appears there was intent at one time to allow display of
tips
on the property page.  I'm guessing that means something more like
display
of tips in a fixed box somewhere on the property page.  So my question
is,
does anyone have plans to do more with this support in CDT 4.0?  Or was
there a different mechanism created for this additional support and I've
just missed it?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Hilliard
Intel Corporation