Re: [cdt-dev] C/C++ Wizard

I'm sorry, I misunderstood.

--
Derek

Bernard Ogden wrote:
If I understand what I am reading correctly, natures apply to projects
and tools rather than to wizards. I am trying to create a new project
wizard that is available under both the C and the C++ folders in the
'Select a Wizard' page that lists the available wizards, but that
appears only once in the list under 'File->New' when in the C/C++
perspective.

The closest I can come to applying a nature to a wizard is to apply it
to the MBSCustomPageData for the custom pages that make up part of my
wizard, but this does not achieve the desired effect. Am I missing
something?

Thanks,

Bernie

Derek Morris wrote:
You can have one definition that appear in both C and C++. Look in
section 3.8 of the Managed Build System Extensibility document - look for cnature and ccnature.
Also look in the CDT source at:
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui/plugin.xml

This defines the default GNU tools.

HTH

Bernard Ogden wrote:
Hi all,

I'm developing a new project wizard to support my employer's
toolchain. Projects created with this wizard may be C, C++ or a
mixture of both. I therefore want the wizard to appear in both the C
and C++ folders in the 'Select a wizard' page, so I have added it to
the org.eclipse.ui.newWizards extension point twice, once under the
newCWizards category and once under the newCCWizards category. This
almost works, but causes it to appear twice under 'File->New' in the
C/C++ perspective.
I've worked around this by giving both extensions the same id. I've
had it set up like this for a few weeks and it appears to work, with
no nasty side-effects. As I really am using exactly the same plugin
in both cases I think it is probably OK to refer to it by the same
id in both extensions, but it seems like a dodgy thing to do. Is
there an official way to get the same wizard to be in both the
newCWizard and newCCWizard categories? If not, am I likely to suffer
any unexpected ill-effects from my workaround?
Thanks,

Bernie Ogden
Product Engineering Group
ARM Ltd