Re: [cdt-dev] C/C++ Wizard

You can have one definition that appear in both C and C++. Look in section 3.8 of the Managed Build System Extensibility document - look for cnature and ccnature.

Also look in the CDT source at:
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.gnu.ui/plugin.xml

This defines the default GNU tools.

HTH
--
Derek

Bernard Ogden wrote:
Hi all,

I'm developing a new project wizard to support my employer's toolchain.
Projects created with this wizard may be C, C++ or a mixture of both. I
therefore want the wizard to appear in both the C and C++ folders in the
'Select a wizard' page, so I have added it to the
org.eclipse.ui.newWizards extension point twice, once under the
newCWizards category and once under the newCCWizards category. This
almost works, but causes it to appear twice under 'File->New' in the
C/C++ perspective.

I've worked around this by giving both extensions the same id. I've had
it set up like this for a few weeks and it appears to work, with no
nasty side-effects. As I really am using exactly the same plugin in both
cases I think it is probably OK to refer to it by the same id in both
extensions, but it seems like a dodgy thing to do. Is there an official
way to get the same wizard to be in both the newCWizard and newCCWizard
categories? If not, am I likely to suffer any unexpected ill-effects
from my workaround?

Thanks,

Bernie Ogden
Product Engineering Group