[cdt-dev] Re: Eclipse CDT won't build, but no error messages

I am new to Eclipse CDT. I am used to developing with MS Visual C# and
know some Java too. I am really interested in the cross-platform
application development in C++ that Eclipse CDT makes possible.

So I am excited to get started but I am stuck after quickly installing
and setting up all the necessary. For some mysterious reasons, my CDT
won't build.

I have set up a "hello world" project according to the tutorials,
making sure I uncheck 'automatic building'. But when I choose the
build command, something happens, the debug folder is filled with
stuff, but no binaries appear! No error messages either that could
indicate something's wrong...

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Fedor Steeman