RE: [cdt-dev] changing the default indexer programmatically?

In CDT 4.0, you should use something like

CCorePlugin.getPDOMManager().setIndexerId(project, IPDOMManager.ID_FAST_INDEXER);
Markus.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sreerupa Sen
Sent: Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2006 11:45
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] changing the default indexer programmatically?

Hi,
        Thanks for letting me know :-)! If you would tell me how, I'd very much appreciate it.
regards
--Rupa

Sreerupa Sen
IBM Rational Software
work phone: +91-80-4102-3748
email: sreerupa.sen@xxxxxxxxxx

"abhishek baadkar" <axnaby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/12/2006 02:17 PM

Please respond to

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
RE: [cdt-dev] changing the default indexer programmatically?

yeah!! you can

Abhishek baadkar

From: Sreerupa Sen <sreerupa.sen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:33:53 +0530

Hi,

       Is there a way of changing the default indexer  programmatically in the make wizard? Suppose I want the indexer to be "Full" for all the C++ projects that I create via invoking the make wizard programmatically. What would be the best way of doing it?

       The plugin.xml file of the cdt.ui plugin has the indexer IDs and I can use the one I want (
org.eclipse.cdt.core.domsourceindexer)to set the default indexer ID via  CCorePlugin.getPDOMManager().setDefaultIndexerId(<id>). This works. However, this way is a bit hack-y - I'd need to hardcode the ID and there would always be a chance of the ID changing and my indexer settings going for a toss. Is there any way for programmatically getting the IDs without using any internal CDT apis?
       Any suggestions from anybody? I'd very much appreciate it!

thanks & regards