RE: [cdt-dev] changing the default indexer programmatically?

yeah!! you can

Abhishek baadkar

From: Sreerupa Sen <sreerupa.sen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] changing the default indexer programmatically?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:33:53 +0530

Hi,
        Is there a way of changing the default indexer  programmatically in the make wizard? Suppose I want the indexer to be "Full" for all the C++ projects that I create via invoking the make wizard programmatically. What would be the best way of doing it?
        The plugin.xml file of the cdt.ui plugin has the indexer IDs and I can use the one I want (org.eclipse.cdt.core.domsourceindexer)to set the default indexer ID via  CCorePlugin.getPDOMManager().setDefaultIndexerId(<id>). This works. However, this way is a bit hack-y - I'd need to hardcode the ID and there would always be a chance of the ID changing and my indexer settings going for a toss. Is there any way for programmatically getting the IDs without using any internal CDT apis?
        Any suggestions from anybody? I'd very much appreciate it!
thanks & regards
--Rupa

Sreerupa Sen
IBM Rational Software