Re: [cdt-dev] Adding pages to the New Project Wizard

> - Do the projectTypeID/toolChainID/natureID elements do anything? I
> have added a
> projectType to my extension definition, but it seems to have no
> effect. If not,
> how can I ensure my pages only appear for valid project types?

This is the way to do it... it should work.  If it's not working then
there's something unusual going on.

> - I have subclassed MBSCustomPage to create my pages. The no-parameters
> constructor is deprecated, but that is the only constructor that is
called. Is
> this a bug?

It's not a bug per se but it probably should be changed.

> - The canFlipToNextPage() method is never called. Instead getNextPage()
and
> getPreviousPage() methods are called. Is this a bug?

You should call this from your wizard page's overridden
isCustomPageComplete() method.  I guess this is partially a bug as I should
have provided a default implementation for this method that just delegates
to canFlipToNextPage().  Not sure how that slipped through for so long...
please file a bug and I'll fix that.

> - I have added a single page. I am returning null from getNextPage()(by
called
> MBSCustomPagemanager.getNextPage(), but the "Next" button is still
enabled. Is
> this a bug? If not, how is it meant to work?

This is handled by IWizard.isPageComplete().

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt