From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Derek Morris
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 10:20 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Adding a new tool to MBS

Hi,

I am trying to add the objcopy utility to MBS so that it will
'automatically' create an srec file at the end of the build. I have added the following snippet to my plugin.xml

     <tool
       commandLinePattern='${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${INPUTS} ${OUTPUT}'
       id='com.crt.objcopy'
       isAbstract='true'
       name='Objcopy'
       natureFilter='both'

          <inputType
             sources="exe"
         	multipleOfType="false"
             id="com.crt.objcopy.input">
          </inputType>
          <outputType
         	outputs="srec"
         	primaryInputType="com.crt.objcopy.input"
             id="com.crt.objcopy.output">
          </outputType>

       <optionCategory
         id='com.crt.objcopy.optionCategory.options'
         name='Options'
         owner='com.crt.objcopy'
       ></optionCategory>
         <option
                valueType="enumerated"
                category="com.crt.objcopy.optionCategory.options"
                browseType="none"
                name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.outputtype"
                id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype">
             <enumeratedOptionValue
                   command="-I ihex"
                   name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.ihex"
                   id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype.ihex"/>
             <enumeratedOptionValue
                   isDefault="true"
                   command="-I srec"
                   name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.srec"
                   id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype.srec"/>
          </option>
     </tool>

I have also instantiated it with:
	<tool
           command="%crt.arm7.objcopy.command"
           name="Objcopy"
id='com.crt.arm7.cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.objcopy.exe.debug'
           superClass='com.crt.objcopy'>
         </tool>

The tool succesfully appears in the C/C++ Build properties.
However, when building the project, objcopy is never being called. I'm
sure I have got something wrong with my inputType and outputType fields, but I don't know what.

Can somebody give me a pointer?