[cdt-dev] Adding a new tool to MBS

Hi,

I am trying to add the objcopy utility to MBS so that it will 'automatically' create an srec file at the end of the build. I have added the following snippet to my plugin.xml

    <tool
      commandLinePattern='${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${INPUTS} ${OUTPUT}'
      id='com.crt.objcopy'
      isAbstract='true'
      name='Objcopy'
      natureFilter='both'

         <inputType
            sources="exe"
        	multipleOfType="false"
            id="com.crt.objcopy.input">
         </inputType>
         <outputType
        	outputs="srec"
        	primaryInputType="com.crt.objcopy.input"
            id="com.crt.objcopy.output">
         </outputType>

      <optionCategory
        id='com.crt.objcopy.optionCategory.options'
        name='Options'
        owner='com.crt.objcopy'
      ></optionCategory>
        <option
               valueType="enumerated"
               category="com.crt.objcopy.optionCategory.options"
               browseType="none"
               name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.outputtype"
               id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype">
            <enumeratedOptionValue
                  command="-I ihex"
                  name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.ihex"
                  id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype.ihex"/>
            <enumeratedOptionValue
                  isDefault="true"
                  command="-I srec"
                  name="%crt.arm7.objcopy.srec"
                  id="com.crt.objcopy.outputtype.srec"/>
         </option>
    </tool>

I have also instantiated it with:
	<tool
          command="%crt.arm7.objcopy.command"
          name="Objcopy"
          id='com.crt.arm7.cdt.managedbuild.tool.gnu.cpp.objcopy.exe.debug'
          superClass='com.crt.objcopy'>
        </tool>

The tool succesfully appears in the C/C++ Build properties.
However, when building the project, objcopy is never being called. I'm sure I have got something wrong with my inputType and outputType fields, but I don't know what.

Can somebody give me a pointer?

Derek

Back to the top