http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

  From:   Tianchao Li <lit@xxxxxxxxx>

  To:     Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date:   28/11/2006 04:28 PM

  Subject Re: [ptp-dev] Remote capabilities
  :

I am always seeing EFS as the easiest way to enable CDT with a remote
project, and my patch to CDT as a prototype has demonstrated this.
However, since this approach is different from the available ways that
has been undertaken by the participating companies of CDT, they does not
seem to favor this measure.
However, although the remote build function has been talked about for a
long time by the CDT people, I have not seen any code contributions in
this area. Again, it seems to be a decision we should make - should we
contribute a full solution to CDT or keep waiting ...

Cheers,
Tianchao