Re: [cdt-dev] about running the first HelloWorld Example

I'm sorry, reading your first mail I though you were trying to debug you simple application ! It's usually simple to compile&run, but there is something wrong with your compiler. Try to compile the .c file unitary and check what is written in the console, the gcc should emit an error if you say you don't get the .exe file.

Ugur Ozcanli wrote:
Actually, what I did was I just installed MinGW, GDB and Msys and I set up environment variables. Then I created a new managed C++ project in eclipse and I could not make it run. I dont even have an executable file. So, I can't use debugger.
is it usually hard to run a simple program in CDT.
How can I solve this problem, thank you.

*/Denis PILAT <denis.pilat@xxxxxx>/* wrote:

    You are using a gdb that can not read the binary file generated.
    Check in the "debugger" tab (you get it by right clic on the
    helloword.exe and clic on debug/c/c++local applicqtion) that the
    msys\bin\gdb.exe debbugger is specified.

    Denis

    Ugur Ozcanli wrote:
    Hello I just installed CDT with appropriate compiler in windows -
    MinGW, MSYS. And I set up environment variables. I can use gcc in
    command line.

    I can not run my first HelloWorld C++ program. I wrote simple
    Hello world code in main.cpp. Error says "Launcher failed no
    binaries."

    So how can I make my first program run ?
    Thank you.