RE: [cdt-dev] Firefox Fast Index Times

Unfortunately, no. J

I started using the TPTP profiler to test out our old parser performance test we affectionally cursed, the Trilogy. The Trilogy is a simple file that looks a lot like this:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>

#include <iostream>

int main() { return 0; }

We used to run it with cygwin with the mingw package installed (to get windows.h). I am now doing it with the Windows Build integration.

With my first run, I am seeing FindEquivalentBinding visitor taking 2/3’s of the time. This visitor is new and searches the PDOM very often. I can see how, as the PDOM gets bigger, this function takes a bit longer since the searches have a bigger B-Tree to deal with (but theoretically, the incremental time should be minimal). But this functionality is new in HEAD and should be a good place to start.

Cheers,

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member