[cdt-dev] Firefox Fast Index Times

Hey gang,

We’ve now cleared up enough exceptions to fully index Firefox 2.0 with the Fast indexer. Here are the numbers I got. The initial index is the first one after launching Eclipse (includes binary parser times, disk caching, etc.) and the reindex is from the Reindex menu item (pretty much pure indexing time). These tests were done on my 512 MB, Athon 64 2800 (very average machine) running Ubuntu Linux.

CDT 3.1.1

            Initial index – 12.3 minutes

            Reindex – 10.3 minutes

HEAD

            Initial Index – 122.2 minutes

            Reindex – 119.6 minutes

My heart bleeds….

There are still a few exceptions that I’m working on cleaning up, but I don’t think they’ll impact these times much.

I will continue to monitor these times and give you regular reports.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member

Back to the top