RE: [cdt-dev] Support for "read-sensitive" values

Hi,

I agree, adding support for "read-sensitive" values is a useful feature.
Please, submit an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

> 1. Given a CVariable, what's the right way to notify the VariablesView
that this CVariable has changed and must be redisplayed?

The backend should fire an ICDIChangedEvent for the corresponding CDI
variable.

> 2. I would like the context menu for read-sensitive values to have
"Fetch value" item right on the top. This menu is populated via
extensions > mechanism and I see no way to control the order. How do I
make a certain action appear on top?

I don't know how to control the appearance order, it's better to post
this question to the platform mailing list.

> 3. The variables view has a details pane, and the content of that
details pane is populated via MI's -data-evaluate-expression.  So, each
> expression will be evaluated twice -- first time to display it in the
tree, and second time to display it in details pane. Is it possible to
> make the details pane construct text based on variable objects used
for tree display, to eliminate this double evaluation?

The evaluation based on variable objects and on
"-data-evaluate-expression" in many cases provide two different
presentations for same variable. A good example is "char *". Of course,
this is specific for the gdb/mi implementation and can be changed if
needed for read-sensitive values.

Regards,
Mikhail