[cdt-dev] Zylin CDT problem for ppc platform

Hi,

In these days my colleagues in my project team try to use Zylin CDT for ppc processor to debug u-boot in a remote fashion.

It works fine for arm according to some documents on web but we did not succeed to work for ppc.

We get an error and this error is same when we put 2 hardware breakpoints for DDD. Normally we can only

use 1 hardware breakpoint for ppc but arm9 has 2 hardware breakpoints.

ppc processors have only 1 hardware breakpoint but if Zylin or CDT uses more than 1 hardware breakpoints,

we get such an error.

We successfuly debug u-boot using GDB/DDD but we can not do it with CDT.

My colleagues want to use Eclipse and CDT project for this purpose but now, we can’t.

Will there any improvement for this purpose in new versions of CDT? Such an improvement would simplify embedded developers’ workings with the great support of CDT.

Is it true that CDT uses more than 1 hardware breakpoints for stepping? A colleague of me thinks that CDT uses more than 1 and this is the reason of failure.

If someone has succeeded to use ZylinCDT or CDT for ppc with this purpose, please let me know.

Thank you,

Best wishes,

Cagatay Catal

MSc Computer Engineer