[cdt-dev] RE: Make won't handle colons in makefile variables

Tomas,

I had the same problem with cygwin make 3.81, and the solution of downgrading it to 3.80 works for me. Here is what I did to get it work:

1. Use cygwin setup to uninstall make 3.81.

2. Download make 3.80 package
http://cygwin.paracoda.com/release/make/make-3.80-1.tar.bz2

3. Under cygwin shell, go to the root directory "/", do following
tar jxvf make-3.80-1.tar.bz2

Thanks,
--alex

> Current Cygwin make version is 3.81. I have been trying to use another
> version of the Cygwin make, which was supposed to include the mentioned
> option. This version is the 3.80. However, surprisingly make always
> gives me the same error. I have tried to include the patch in the make
> source and compile it, but I got some nasty STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW
> exception.
>
> I will keep on trying to recompile and ask the Cygwin people about this
> (although they will probably refer me to the patch). In the mean time,
> is there anybody in the CDT community that has come across the same
> error and has found a way to overcome it?
>
> Any comment will be very much appreciated
> Best regards
>
> Tomas

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces Check it out!

Back to the top