[cdt-dev] Add source-> File System Directory ?

Hi,

I am using the latest CDT and eclipse 3.2 on linux (red hat)

I cannot ‘for the life of me’ step into source code that is part of a linked C library. The source code lives off in a directory not included in the project workspace so I thought I could add to the

‘Source Lookup Path’ in the Debug launch dialog ‘Source’ tab.

Steps:

  1. open Debug launch config.
  2. open Source Tab
  3. click ‘add’ button
  4. select ‘File System Directory’  click ‘OK’
  5. browse to directory with source code
  6. click ‘search subfolders’
  7. attempt to step into a library method while debugging.
  8. result ‘source not found’ page wit button ‘edit source lookup path…’

So.. as you can see I end up without the ability to step into code located on the filesystem outside the workspace.

Suggestions ? Is this a CDT or eclipse bug ?

THANKS !

Bob Sheehan

Back to the top