Re: [cdt-dev] Moving CDT 4.0 to Java 1.5

I've been unable to get a clear answer out of the powers that be as to
whether this will kill us or not.  The thing I keep hearing though from the
people that ask though is that Eclipse is continuing to support 1.4.2 as a
runtime environment, and that they can't rule out that there will be a
customer of ours that needs to run on 1.4.2 until the platform no longer
supports it.

So, I hate to do it, but I've been asked to vote -1 on this and am doing
so.  If we get a clear answer in the affirmative later I am totally open to
revisiting the issue.

Sorry to be the party pooper :-(

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             27/09/2006 09:36          [cdt-dev] Moving CDT 4.0 to Java
             AM                        1.5

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hey gang,

We talked quickly about this at the summit and promised we?d talk about it
on the mailing list. Here we go?

There is a lot of interest in moving to Java 1.5 for CDT 4.0. Before we
decide to do this we need to make sure everyone is able to use Java 1.5 for
their run-times.

I hereby call a vote on this move. This is open to everyone on the mailing
list, not just committers. Everyone has a veto. If vetoed, we?ll stay at
1.4. And don?t be afraid to veto. The platform is not moving to 1.5 so can
stay on 1.4. I?ll leave the vote open until next Thursday morning.

QNX votes +1 (i.e. move to 1.5.).

Doug Schaefer
QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead